Without the public, we'd just be radio.
All members receive a subscription to our e-newsletter, information about special programs, what's new and interesting on WHQR, and stories about the people behind the programs you enjoy. You may pledge online safely and securely at any time.
- One-time gifts up to $999
- Sustaining Memberships are monthly donations of $5 or more deducted automatically from the account of your choice or until you tell us to stop. By eliminating administrative expenses, more of your donation goes into the programming. Plus, spreading your support over time can be easier on your budget!
- Sustaining Members are automatically entered in all pledge drive sweepstakes, are eligible for gifts offered at their annual giving level and receive one annual thank you letter including tax information.
- $180 or more donation. On the date of your choice, you will hear six on-air announcements of your personal message. This makes a wonderful birthday, graduation, or memorial recognition, or announcement of a special happening. More information.
- Members who contribute $1000 and above given annually as cash or stock. More information.
Individual or Corporate Challenger
- $500 - $5,000 donation. Challenges, issued during fall and spring on-air campaigns, give listeners an added incentive to support WHQR. Challenges are fun for our listeners and very rewarding for the businesses who issue them. Individuals or businesses are thanked on-air several times during the hour the challenge is issued.
- Underwriters have their message broadcast for as little as $26 - $53 per spot - depending on the program's listenership, time of day and day of the week. WHQR is flexible in creating underwriting contracts. For more information visit our business support page or contact our underwriting representatives Jeff Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kate Brandis (email@example.com).
- You will begin receiving renewal notices a few months before your membership expires. You can renew your membership using a personal check, money order, or by charging your contribution to your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. You may also renew securely online.
If for some reason you find a problem with our mailings – if we misspell your name, have an incorrect address, are sending duplicate mailings, or make a mistake on pledge level – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (910) 343-1640 and we'll take care of it.
- Our on-air Pledge Drives remain the most effective way to encourage listeners to join our effort. While these drives take up about five percent of our annual broadcast hours, they provide us with much of the revenue needed to purchase and produce our quality programming. We conduct our major Pledge Drives twice a year, usually in October and March, with a short summer drive in July and a one-day drive in December.
- We do not make our mailing list available to other organizations. However, consistent with ethical fundraising and marketing practices among not-for-profit organizations, we occasionally make offers from other organizations available to our members. To have your name excluded from these offers, please contact the station. Protecting your privacy is important to us.
- Gifts to WHQR are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Your gift is deductible for the amount of your pledge minus the fair market value of any thank you gift that you receive. The fair market value of your gift will be provided in your thank you letter. Please keep this letter for tax purposes. If you have donated $250 or more, you will recieve an additional tax letter in January.
Employer Matching Gifts
- Your investment in WHQR goes even farther with the employer matching gift program. Ask your human resources department if they have a matching gift program in place. Some employers double – even triple – their employee's contributions. Usually it's as simple as getting a form, completing your portion, and forwarding it on to us. It's that simple – and it makes a big difference! View our current list of matching companies here.
Donate your car to WHQR
- Donate your used car, truck or motor home to WHQR by calling our toll-free donation line: 866-WHQR CAR (866 - 947-7227).
A representative will arrange a convenient appointment to pick up your vehicle. Not only will you receive a receipt for your tax donation, you'll be helping support the quality public radio programming you rely on everyday.