Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Becoming a Day Sponsor is a great way to provide vital support to WHQR and to send a personal message over the airwaves! Here's how it works:
- Make a one-time pledge of $180 or more, or become a Sustaining Member at $15 or more per month. No need to wait for a Pledge Drive! If you prefer not to pledge online, you can call 910-343-1640 to pledge by phone, or mail a contribution to 254 N. Front St., Suite 300, Wilmington, NC 28401.
- You can reserve a date at the time of your pledge, or wait until later. Please note, due to time constraints we can air only two Day Sponsor messages per day and the calendar tends to fill up fast. We encourage you to reserve your date as far in advance as possible.
- After your pledge is paid in full (for one-time payments) or after your first installment is paid (for Sustaining Members), we will mail you a paper Day Sponsorship form along with your tax receipt. You then mail it back to us with the wording for your message. You can also fill out this online version of the form.
- Your message will be read on the air six times on each station (91.3 and 96.7) for a total of twelve times on the day you've sponsored. Here are our estimated air times (subject to change if there is special programming, e.g. The Metropolitan Opera or a breaking news broadcast):
- All messages start with "Thanks to our Day Sponsor (s), [Your Name]..." Due to FCC regulations we must include the name of the individual who made the donation. We cannot air anonymous Day Sponsor messages. If the donation came from a business or a non-profit group, the group name may be used instead of an individual name.
- 20 word limit after the required introduction. Each number of a phone number or address counts as a word.
- FCC prohibits comparative language, pricing information, and "calls to action," which means wording that instructs or asks our listeners to do something, like "Visit xyz.com to learn more!" Language such as "Details available at xyz.com" is an acceptable alternative. WHQR staff members are happy to work with you to edit your message both to your satisfaction and the FCC's.
Examples of Day Sponsor Messages:
Thanks to our Day Sponsor, Jane Doe, wishing John Doe a very happy 90th anniversary.
Thanks to our Day Sponsors, John and Jane Doe, celebrating the Wilmington Oboe Symphony's concert on February 14th. More information at wilmingtonoboe.org.
Thanks to our Day Sponsor, Wilmington Squirrel Training, offering all levels of squirrel obedience classes. Details available at wst.com.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910-343-1640 and ask for the Membership Department.