Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Song Of The Day
Tue June 5, 2012
Zammuto: Beyond The Books, A Restless Imagination
Singer-songwriter Nick Zammuto spent most of the '00s as one half of the experimental folk duo The Books, but in the wake of the project's recent breakup, Zammuto has released his first significant solo work in about a decade. Adopting his fun, imaginative approach to experimental music, the self-titled record finds him executing his unique vision with the help of a full band.
In "Idiom Wind," he tells the story of a man who needs to get his hands dirty, and his own work ethic pays off in a strange, creative, thoughtful atmosphere that's awash in airy synths, refined strings and crisp drums.