Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Song Of The Day
Tue June 5, 2012
Zammuto: Beyond The Books, A Restless Imagination
Singer-songwriter Nick Zammuto spent most of the '00s as one half of the experimental folk duo The Books, but in the wake of the project's recent breakup, Zammuto has released his first significant solo work in about a decade. Adopting his fun, imaginative approach to experimental music, the self-titled record finds him executing his unique vision with the help of a full band.
In "Idiom Wind," he tells the story of a man who needs to get his hands dirty, and his own work ethic pays off in a strange, creative, thoughtful atmosphere that's awash in airy synths, refined strings and crisp drums.