Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Wed January 23, 2013
Young Journalist Discovers Experience Pays Off
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 8:13 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Young Ethan Sattler started his own news organization last fall, a first step in being a real journalist. Then he put in a request to cover the inauguration from the White House Briefing Room, which was granted.
There were no briefings on Inauguration Day, but the 13-year-old did catch some of the action. He so impressed everyone, he landed a spot in the press viewing area; and caught a glimpse of the president leaving the White House.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.