Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Thu December 5, 2013
You Are Beautiful
Fresh Voices commentator Callie Hill overcomes society’s obsession with physical perfection and discovers her own definition of beauty.
Callie Hill is 15 years old and was born and raised in Wilmington, North Carolina. She’s an honor student at New Hanover High School where she participates in Key Club and Literary Club. She has a twin brother who plays baseball at New Hanover and supports him by going to every game.
If you would like to become a Fresh Voices On-Air commentator and you’re between the ages of 12 and 17, email us your submission at op services at WHQR dot org.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Shots - Health Blog