Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri March 30, 2007
Wright Calls Star-News Article "Ridiculous"
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – State Representative Thomas Wright calls Friday's Star-News article quote, utterly ridiculous.
The article claims Wright's donor records fail to match election reports, with nearly $120,000 unaccounted for. The New Hanover County democrat says errors could have been made in the 15 years his campaign has filed reports, but says Friday's article is ammunition in an attack orchestrated by fellow democrats.
I guess I'm supposed to be a good ole boy, and just go along with it, and do what they tell me. Well, the people of my district expect more and vote my conscience, vote my convitions and do the right thing.
The Star-News confirmed with donors that in five cases Wright received checks in 2004 that were cleared through banks but not reported. Wright insists no contribution has ever been deliberately left off a report.