Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri March 30, 2007
Wright Calls Star-News Article "Ridiculous"
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – State Representative Thomas Wright calls Friday's Star-News article quote, utterly ridiculous.
The article claims Wright's donor records fail to match election reports, with nearly $120,000 unaccounted for. The New Hanover County democrat says errors could have been made in the 15 years his campaign has filed reports, but says Friday's article is ammunition in an attack orchestrated by fellow democrats.
I guess I'm supposed to be a good ole boy, and just go along with it, and do what they tell me. Well, the people of my district expect more and vote my conscience, vote my convitions and do the right thing.
The Star-News confirmed with donors that in five cases Wright received checks in 2004 that were cleared through banks but not reported. Wright insists no contribution has ever been deliberately left off a report.