Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue June 8, 2010
World Ocean Day, Tainted
"His note read like an old-time telegram, and I quote: 'I am sick over this; on vessel 13 miles south Dauphin Island this pm; it is weathered oil thick like molasses; my soul has been damaged.'"
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC –
Andy Wood is Education Director for Audubon North Carolina and author of Backyard Carolina, a collection of his WHQR commentaries.