Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue June 8, 2010
World Ocean Day, Tainted
"His note read like an old-time telegram, and I quote: 'I am sick over this; on vessel 13 miles south Dauphin Island this pm; it is weathered oil thick like molasses; my soul has been damaged.'"
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC –
Andy Wood is Education Director for Audubon North Carolina and author of Backyard Carolina, a collection of his WHQR commentaries.