Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue June 8, 2010
World Ocean Day, Tainted
"His note read like an old-time telegram, and I quote: 'I am sick over this; on vessel 13 miles south Dauphin Island this pm; it is weathered oil thick like molasses; my soul has been damaged.'"
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC –
Andy Wood is Education Director for Audubon North Carolina and author of Backyard Carolina, a collection of his WHQR commentaries.