Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue August 22, 2006
Working at Play: Children's Museum Director Mark Kesling
The Wilmington Children's Museum welcomed a new Executive Director in July. With a few weeks experience under his belt, WHQR's Megan Williams stopped by to learn more about this newcomer's vision for the museum.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC – The Children's Museum on a Tuesday afternoon is a scene of playful chaos - a toddler bangs on chimes in the circus room, while older kids ring up cartloads of plastic produce in the grocery store. Wandering through the middle of all this activity is Mark Kesling, the museum's new director. While he obviously enjoys the swirl of activity, for much of the day, Kesling's busy in the offices below, where all those little feet are reduced to a pitter-patter on the ceiling.