Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Midday Interview - April 3, 2012
Tue April 3, 2012
Work on Wilmington
Michelle Parkin of PPD and Chris Scott of Lower Cape Fear Hospice both attended Leadership Wilmington, and through that, came to head up projects for Work on Wilmington. Work on Wilmington is a half-day of service to New Hanover County’s non-profits, when over 1500 volunteers do special building or repairing or beautifying of the sites chosen.
The non-profits could not create these projects within their own budgets, so will greatly benefit from the help. The event is Saturday, April 21, from 8 am to 12 noon. More info: WorkOnWilmington.org