Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon November 23, 2009
"This Thursday when you are gathered with those special to you... think of the honey bees, doing the same, gathered close together, warm in their hives..."
By Shane Fernando
What does our honey producing friend, the honeybee, do over the winter? Does she sleep? Does she perish in the cold or does she fly down to Florida for a few months? Beekeeper and commentator Shane Fernando gives us a peak into the secret winter life of the honey bee.
Shane Fernando keeps bees with his partner at their home in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.