Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon November 23, 2009
"This Thursday when you are gathered with those special to you... think of the honey bees, doing the same, gathered close together, warm in their hives..."
By Shane Fernando
What does our honey producing friend, the honeybee, do over the winter? Does she sleep? Does she perish in the cold or does she fly down to Florida for a few months? Beekeeper and commentator Shane Fernando gives us a peak into the secret winter life of the honey bee.
Shane Fernando keeps bees with his partner at their home in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.