Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed July 25, 2007
Windy Hager's Parents Sue Guilford Schools
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The parents of a 16-year-old South Brunswick High School student who married her 40-year-old coach have sued the Guilford County School Board.
Dennis and Betty Hager accuse the Guilford County School Board of neglecting to inform Brunswick County Schools of Brenton Wuchae's inappropriate relationships with students.
The Hagers' attorney Robert Tatum says Guilford County allowed Wuchae to resign without any disciplinary action, despite strong evidence that he had conducted himself inappropriately.
In fall 2004, Wuchae began working at South Brunswick High School, where he began a relationship with 16-year-old student Windy Hager.
Guilford Schools Attorney Jill Wilson declined to comment.