Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed July 25, 2007
Windy Hager's Parents Sue Guilford Schools
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The parents of a 16-year-old South Brunswick High School student who married her 40-year-old coach have sued the Guilford County School Board.
Dennis and Betty Hager accuse the Guilford County School Board of neglecting to inform Brunswick County Schools of Brenton Wuchae's inappropriate relationships with students.
The Hagers' attorney Robert Tatum says Guilford County allowed Wuchae to resign without any disciplinary action, despite strong evidence that he had conducted himself inappropriately.
In fall 2004, Wuchae began working at South Brunswick High School, where he began a relationship with 16-year-old student Windy Hager.
Guilford Schools Attorney Jill Wilson declined to comment.