Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed July 11, 2007
Windy Hager's Parents Sue Brunsco Schools
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The parents of 16-year-old Windy Hager are suing the Brunswick County School District in connection with their daughter's marriage to 40-year-old Brenton Wuchae. In a released statement the school district says the administration acted quickly and appropriately on every item of information.
Superintendent Katie McGee has said that both the school and law enforcement investigated rumors about the relationship, but because they could not prove that anything was going on, charges were never filed. McGee says if the matter goes to court, she is confident the actions of the school system will be vindicated.