Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed July 11, 2007
Windy Hager's Parents Sue Brunsco Schools
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The parents of 16-year-old Windy Hager are suing the Brunswick County School District in connection with their daughter's marriage to 40-year-old Brenton Wuchae. In a released statement the school district says the administration acted quickly and appropriately on every item of information.
Superintendent Katie McGee has said that both the school and law enforcement investigated rumors about the relationship, but because they could not prove that anything was going on, charges were never filed. McGee says if the matter goes to court, she is confident the actions of the school system will be vindicated.