Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri May 12, 2006
Wilmington's Latter Day Duelists
Tonight the Fabulous Fantail Film Festival on the battleship North Carolina screens the swashbuckling classic, The Adventures of Robin Hood. As part of the festivities, fighters from the Cape Fear Fencing Association will be on hand to demonstrate the proper way to swing a sword. WHQR's Megan Williams stopped by the club earlier this week, to learn about the fastest blades on the Cape Fear.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC – Nora Reber is the president of the Cape Fear Fencing Association. The club meets in the basement of the Tileston Gymnasium and you can find out more about the group at their website: www.capefearfencing.com
The Fencing Association will be giving demonstrations this week and next before the movie at the Fabulous Fantail Film Festival. There's more information on our Cultural Calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender