Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue April 18, 2006
Wilmington's Corner Stores
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The small grocery stores scattered throughout downtown Wilmington are there as a convenient place to pick up eggs or milk.
But many of them also serve as a place where people gather to deal in illegal activity.
The store at 12th and Chestnut in downtown Wilmington sits on one corner targeted by the Wilmington Police Department.
WHQR looks into what's being done to clean up this intersection that has had a long history of trouble.