Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Midday Interviews / Wine and Chocolate Festival
Fri January 27, 2012
Wilmington Wine and Chocolate Festival opens Friday, February 3rd
The Wilmington Wine and Chocolate Festival is about much more than wine and chocolate. Set up to resemble a European Street Fair, the Festival will offer sweet and savory gourmet treats, live music, and fine art in the form of jewelry, pottery, textiles, photography, and paintings.
Organizer Marianna Stacy stopped by the WHQR studios on Friday, January 27th to talk with Rachel Lewis Hilburn about why the growth of this annual event has forced it into a new, roomier venue. Ms. Stacy also explained how proceeds from ticket sales directly benefit the area's senior citizen community.
For more information on the Festival, visit www.wilmingtonwineandchocolatefestival.com.
During our Classical block on Tuesdays through Fridays at 12:06, Jemila Ericson and other staff members host a celebration of the arts and culture of the Lower Cape Fear. They interview artists, actors, dancers, writers and creators of community events--all the inspiring movers and shakers who enrich our lives.