Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Midday Interviews / Wine and Chocolate Festival
Fri January 27, 2012
Wilmington Wine and Chocolate Festival opens Friday, February 3rd
The Wilmington Wine and Chocolate Festival is about much more than wine and chocolate. Set up to resemble a European Street Fair, the Festival will offer sweet and savory gourmet treats, live music, and fine art in the form of jewelry, pottery, textiles, photography, and paintings.
Organizer Marianna Stacy stopped by the WHQR studios on Friday, January 27th to talk with Rachel Lewis Hilburn about why the growth of this annual event has forced it into a new, roomier venue. Ms. Stacy also explained how proceeds from ticket sales directly benefit the area's senior citizen community.
For more information on the Festival, visit www.wilmingtonwineandchocolatefestival.com.
During our Classical block on Tuesdays through Fridays at 12:06, Jemila Ericson and other staff members host a celebration of the arts and culture of the Lower Cape Fear. They interview artists, actors, dancers, writers and creators of community events--all the inspiring movers and shakers who enrich our lives.