Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon October 16, 2006
Wilmington Police Looking for Red Money
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – As money from the Wilmington First Citizens Bank robbery shows up in local circulation, police want citizens to keep an eye on the money they exchange.
Investigator Andy Korwatch of the Wilmington Police Department says during the course of the robbery two dye packs went off, leaving a portion of the money distinguishable by a red staining.
Well, you want to look for any money that is red or tainted on the edges, as far as, dark stained red spots and along the edges of the money in the corners. It will be darker on the edges and kind of pinker as it gets toward the center of the bill.
Wilmington Police say the man who carried out the October 6th robbery brandished a firearm, stole an undisclosed amount of money, and remains at-large.