Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 1, 2007
Wilmington, New Hanover Utility Board Pick
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The Wilmington City Council is scheduled Tuesday night to present its pick for the joint appointee to the planned city and county Water and Sewer Authority Board.
City Councilman Jim Quinn says real estate manager and current Cape Fear Public Utility Board Member Matt Hunter is up for the joint appointment. Quinn says he was impressed with Hunter's work on the county's utility board.
I guess for me he makes a lot of points for having been on the board, for having grasped the issues, made positive suggestions and then being willing to continue to serve.
There will be a total of nine Water and Sewer Authority Board members. Forty-four people applied for the board including two pastors, five engineers, ten members of the real estate and development community and one sewage plant builder.