Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 4, 2006
Wilmington Great Place to Retire, Says Magazine
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The October 2nd edition of U.S. News and World Report highlights Wilmington as a place where seniors are coming to retire.
Under the subtitle The Graying of America the article focuses on Wilmington's growing 50+ population.
The article says Wilmington has something called street corner strange. That's the arty vibe given to a town by its arts community.