Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed October 4, 2006
Wilmington Great Place to Retire, Says Magazine
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The October 2nd edition of U.S. News and World Report highlights Wilmington as a place where seniors are coming to retire.
Under the subtitle The Graying of America the article focuses on Wilmington's growing 50+ population.
The article says Wilmington has something called street corner strange. That's the arty vibe given to a town by its arts community.