Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed August 16, 2006
Wilmington gets 'Creative' with Calendar
Wilmington is getting an official events calendar. The City Council voted Tuesday night to add the CreativeWilmington calendar to the city's website. WHQR's Megan Williams has more...
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington National Cemetery, NC – The city first discussed creating an on-line events calendar several years ago when the arts council dissolved. The new calendar is the brainchild of Matthew Dols and his organization Tabula Rasa, which also runs the PedArt public sculpture program in downtown Wilmington. Dols said he spent seven months campaigning for its inclusion on the city's official website, convinced the region needs a definitive calendar.
"Dorothy Hodder of the public library system in a letter of support said that it takes one of her volunteers more than three hours a week to post all of their weekly events on all of the different variety of calendars."
CreativeWilmington charges $25 a year to the roughly 375 organizations and individuals who post events.