Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon July 17, 2006
Wilmington Carpool Program Gets State Funds
By Carrie Wellman
Wilmington, NC – A program promoting carpooling in Wilmington will get thousands of dollars from the state to encourage alternative forms of transportation.
With the help of new state funding, Wilmington Cape Fear Breeze program hopes to get more drivers using alternative transportation.
Breeze coordinator Lawless Bean says the program has a comprehensive website offering a carpool database.
The state gave Cape Fear Breeze $53,000. Bean says the city will kick in matching funds for advertising and to build up the database.