Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon July 17, 2006
Wilmington Carpool Program Gets State Funds
By Carrie Wellman
Wilmington, NC – A program promoting carpooling in Wilmington will get thousands of dollars from the state to encourage alternative forms of transportation.
With the help of new state funding, Wilmington Cape Fear Breeze program hopes to get more drivers using alternative transportation.
Breeze coordinator Lawless Bean says the program has a comprehensive website offering a carpool database.
The state gave Cape Fear Breeze $53,000. Bean says the city will kick in matching funds for advertising and to build up the database.