Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri July 20, 2012
Wilmington and Braves in Negotiations
Wilmington City Councilman Kevin O’Grady held a press conference at City Hall yesterday afternoon to offer an update on negotiations to bring professional baseball to the city. WHQR’s Andrew Jarachovic reports on the progress.
Kevin O’Grady says that, after two days of negotiations, the city, the Atlanta Braves, and Mandalay have not reached any definitive agreements.
“. . . there’s been sometimes frank but usually cordial discussions of issues, we have made significant progress. However, all of the issues have not been resolved so there’s no recommendation yet."
- Kevin O'Grady, Wilmington City Councilman
Councilman O’Grady says the discussions reached a point where more information was needed and negotiations are expected to continue next week.