Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri September 7, 2007
Will Breazeale Joins Race for Congressional Office
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Republican Will Breazeale announced his campaign to represent Southeastern North Carolina in Congress today.
Taking advantage of his pilot's license, Will Breazeale flew from airport to airport today, announcing his candidacy in all 10 counties of District 7. Breazeale is a resident of Bladen County who served in Kuwait and Iraq.
He says his number one concern for the residents of District 7 is security.
"We always have to be cognizant of our security. I just came from a country, Iraq, that you couldn't drive to the store without being concerned that you're going to be blown up. If we're not careful, who knows, we might see attacks on our own soil and we do not want to see that."
Breazeale is the first Republican challenger of the seat, currently held by Democrat Mike McIntyre.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.