Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri September 7, 2007
Will Breazeale Joins Race for Congressional Office
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Republican Will Breazeale announced his campaign to represent Southeastern North Carolina in Congress today.
Taking advantage of his pilot's license, Will Breazeale flew from airport to airport today, announcing his candidacy in all 10 counties of District 7. Breazeale is a resident of Bladen County who served in Kuwait and Iraq.
He says his number one concern for the residents of District 7 is security.
"We always have to be cognizant of our security. I just came from a country, Iraq, that you couldn't drive to the store without being concerned that you're going to be blown up. If we're not careful, who knows, we might see attacks on our own soil and we do not want to see that."
Breazeale is the first Republican challenger of the seat, currently held by Democrat Mike McIntyre.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.