Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu August 9, 2007
Wildfires Burn in Brunswick County
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Firemen in Brunswick County are working to contain wildfires.
The Antenna Road fire has burned 25 acres in Boiling Spring Lakes since yesterday. There are three other fires burning a total of 132 acres.
North Carolina Forest Service spokesman Chris Meggs says all of the fires are contained, but residents may still have to deal with smoke.
The biggest problem is going to be smoke on the Antenna Farm Fire. There's potential that if we get southerly winds it could put a lot of smoke on Boiling Springs Lakes during the morning.
Meggs says they're not sure what caused the Antenna Farms Fire, but investigators are currently searching for answers.