Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue August 19, 2014
WHQR's 3rd Annual Ice Cream Social was a Huge Success!
On Sunday, August 17 WHQR listeners, members, staff and volunteers gathered together in the picnic area of Tidal Creek on Oleander for the common cause of...ice cream! and, of course, public radio. People from all walks of life enjoyed a few hours of fun and relaxation while WHQR station staff scooped several flavors of frozen delights from Velvet Freeze into their cups and cones.
Our annual ice cream social is another way for WHQR to say THANK YOU for all the generous support that has helped make WHQR the vital success it is year round. Be sure to check out the slideshow full of great pictures from a great afternoon!
Sunday, August 17, 3PM @ Tidal Creek
October 25, 7:30-11pm @ CFCC Union Station