Most Active Stories
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Top BOEM Official Addresses Scientists' Concerns about Potential for Redundancy in Seismic Surveying
- Brunswick Concert Band: Traditional & Contemporary
Tue August 19, 2014
WHQR's 3rd Annual Ice Cream Social was a Huge Success!
On Sunday, August 17 WHQR listeners, members, staff and volunteers gathered together in the picnic area of Tidal Creek on Oleander for the common cause of...ice cream! and, of course, public radio. People from all walks of life enjoyed a few hours of fun and relaxation while WHQR station staff scooped several flavors of frozen delights from Velvet Freeze into their cups and cones.
Our annual ice cream social is another way for WHQR to say THANK YOU for all the generous support that has helped make WHQR the vital success it is year round. Be sure to check out the slideshow full of great pictures from a great afternoon!
Sunday, August 17, 3PM @ Tidal Creek
October 25, 7:30-11pm @ CFCC Union Station