Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
WHQR Staff Blog
Mon September 17, 2012
WHQR + Ice Cream = A Great Afternoon For All at Hugh MacRae Park
On Sunday, September 16th, WHQR members, listeners and staff came together for an Ice Cream Social at Hugh MacRae Park in Wilmington. Young and old alike shared in the fun as station staff put their backs into it and dug through frozen containers of delicious flavors like Strawberry White Chocolate, Vanilla, and Lemon Basil from Velvet Freeze.
The event was another way for WHQR to say "Thank You" for the generous support that keeps Public Radio vibrant and viable, year-round. Make sure you browse all of the images in our photo gallery!