Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue June 11, 2013
Where the Wild Things Were
The recent poaching of a number of wild Venus fly traps from the Stanley Rehder Carnivorous Plant Garden has Commentator Andy Wood thinking about what has actually been stolen. Something precious has been invaded--our wild home--and Andy Wood thinks the incentive to protect that space is high.
Commentaries here on WHQR.org do not necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Public Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.