Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue June 11, 2013
Where the Wild Things Were
The recent poaching of a number of wild Venus fly traps from the Stanley Rehder Carnivorous Plant Garden has Commentator Andy Wood thinking about what has actually been stolen. Something precious has been invaded--our wild home--and Andy Wood thinks the incentive to protect that space is high.
Commentaries here on WHQR.org do not necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Public Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.