Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Generational Politics: Silents to Millennials
Fri November 4, 2011
What's The Defining Moment Of Your Generation?
As a major new survey from Pew Research Center examines the generation gap in politics, we take a closer look at what, besides year of birth, differentiates one generation from the next. From the dawn of rock 'n' roll to the emergence of hip-hop, from "We Like Ike" to "Yes We Can," from a man on the moon to an iPhone in the pocket, here are some highlights from each of the four generations covered in the survey. We couldn't mention all of them here, so please share what you think are the defining moments of your own generation in the comments section below.