Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
Tue March 6, 2012
What's Behind These High Gas Prices?
Originally published on Wed March 7, 2012 11:01 am
Americans use 300 million gallons of gasoline every day, so it's no surprise they keep a close eye on prices at the pump. Taxes, refinery regulations, transportation expenses and global crude oil supply and demand all influence rising costs.