Most Active Stories
- WHQR Wants to Say Thank You!!!!
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Wilmington Math Teacher Implements Classcraft, An Educational Role-Playing Computer Game
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
Wed June 26, 2013
What Changes After Supreme Court Rulings On Prop 8 And DOMA
In a 5-4 decision in U.S. v. Windsor, the Supreme Court ruled the federal Defense Of Marriage Act unconstitutional. The court rules that supporters of California's Proposition 8 case did not have standing to bring the case to court, which means same-sex marriages in California may resume.