Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri June 29, 2007
WHA Approves Offer on Solomon Towers
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Wilmington Housing Authority has agreed to sell Solomon Towers. The WHA accepted an offer of 13-million dollars from the Caper corporation to purchase the 10 story facility.
The Housing Authority says it will use the proceeds of the sale of Solomon Towers to build a state of the art low-income rental housing units.
Before the sale can go through, the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the HUD Special Applications Center must approve of the sale. For 35 years Solomon Towers has rented space to Wilmingtonians near the Cape Fear River.