Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue December 10, 2013
WATCH: Goats Escape Avalanche
Originally published on Wed December 11, 2013 6:08 am
Gawker brings us this video posted on Monday of a herd of chamois goats that make a seemingly miraculous escape from an avalanche on an Alpine mountain face. It occurs in the Rhone-Alpes near Pralognan-la-Vanoise, not far from the border between France and Italy.
Skiers watching (and filming) can be heard expressing concern over the fate of the goats, who split into two groups — one that makes a relatively quick escape and another that gets hammered by the charging snow, only to emerge moments later, apparently unscathed.