Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue May 29, 2007
Wanna Swab The Deck?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – If you know a young adult who has always wanted to take to the seas, the Captain of the Prince William has a job for them.
Tall ship from Portsmouth, UK seeking North Carolina resident between 16 and 25-years-old to share a ten-day voyage to Norfolk, Virginia.
Well, the promoters of the Prince William announced Tuesday that they're seeking young adults to replenish the crew.
Unexpected cancellations have left the ship's captain scrambling for new members. And because new crew members have to be on deck by the time the Prince Williams shoves out on Thursday, the price to work aboard the tall ship has been slashed by nearly a thousand dollars.
The tall ship sailed into the Port City on Sunday and is currently moored in downtown Wilmington.