Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 29, 2007
Wanna Swab The Deck?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – If you know a young adult who has always wanted to take to the seas, the Captain of the Prince William has a job for them.
Tall ship from Portsmouth, UK seeking North Carolina resident between 16 and 25-years-old to share a ten-day voyage to Norfolk, Virginia.
Well, the promoters of the Prince William announced Tuesday that they're seeking young adults to replenish the crew.
Unexpected cancellations have left the ship's captain scrambling for new members. And because new crew members have to be on deck by the time the Prince Williams shoves out on Thursday, the price to work aboard the tall ship has been slashed by nearly a thousand dollars.
The tall ship sailed into the Port City on Sunday and is currently moored in downtown Wilmington.