Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue August 22, 2006
Wal-Mart Puts Brakes On Ogden Store
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Wal-Mart says a stoplight put the breaks on a proposed store for Market Street in Ogden.
The 200,000 square foot store was planned for a stretch of Market Street near Dunbar Road in Ogden.
Wal-Mart spokesperson Tara Stewart tells WHQR that a stoplight couldn't be secured for the area, that along with issues surrounding Wilmington's moratorium on sewer hookups forced the company to abandon the project.
Stewart says Wal-Mart thinks the Wilmington/Ogden area is a good place to build a new store and will continue to search for a new site.