Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue August 22, 2006
Wal-Mart Puts Brakes On Ogden Store
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Wal-Mart says a stoplight put the breaks on a proposed store for Market Street in Ogden.
The 200,000 square foot store was planned for a stretch of Market Street near Dunbar Road in Ogden.
Wal-Mart spokesperson Tara Stewart tells WHQR that a stoplight couldn't be secured for the area, that along with issues surrounding Wilmington's moratorium on sewer hookups forced the company to abandon the project.
Stewart says Wal-Mart thinks the Wilmington/Ogden area is a good place to build a new store and will continue to search for a new site.