Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Local - November 15
Fri November 15, 2013
Vote Recount Confirms Dan Wilcox as Carolina Beach Mayor
Carolina Beach’s new mayor is confirmed. WHQR’s Katie O’Reilly witnessed this morning’s Board of Elections recount, which solidified the victory of Dan Wilcox over incumbent Bob Lewis.
In New Hanover County, a candidate has the right to demand a recount if the difference between votes is not more than one percent of those cast for two candidates. Carolina Beach Mayor Bob Lewis, who has held his seat since 2009, submitted a request for recount on November 12, after the Board of Elections revealed he had won only 741 votes to challenger Dan Wilcox’s 748. Lewis was not present for this morning’s re-tallying of all one-stop, absentee, provisional and Election Day ballots from Carolina Beach precincts. Finding zero discrepancies in the final results, the board congratulated Dan Wilcox.
Local - November 6
Local - Candidate Forums