Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu October 24, 2013
VIDEO: In Space, A Single Hair Can Move You
She takes a single strand of hair from her head, stretches it across a handrail and pushes off. You can watch as Nyberg then floats across the station. (And, yes, there's a connection to Sandra Bullock and the movie Gravity, as you'll see.)
This isn't her first hair-related video. In July, Nyberg demonstrated how she washes those long locks.
The 44-year-old Nyberg, who has a doctorate in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas, flew on a Space Shuttle Discovery mission to the space station in 2008. Her second trip to space began on May 28. She's scheduled to return to Earth on Nov. 10.