Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue January 31, 2012
VIDEO: Mitt Romney Sings 'America The Beautiful'
Maybe it's the latest poll numbers. Maybe it was being among a crowd of a few thousand supporters.
But Mitt Romney, long-known for being a little stiff, broke out into song during a campaign event at a retirement community in The Villages, Fla.
As The Washington Post puts it, the song marked a jubilant end to a pretty negative campaign in Florida. And one thing you can take away from it is that Romney sounds like confident candidate.
Of course, this also follows President Obama's singing detour at Harlem's Apollo Theater, so the two will inevitably be compared. So we ask:
h/t: NPR's Kathleen Rushlow.