Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu May 30, 2013
VIDEO: Miranda Lambert's Tears At 'Healing In The Heartland'
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm
There were several emotional moments during Wednesday's nationally broadcast "Healing in the Heartland" benefit concert to raise money for victims of the May 20 tornado that devastated Moore, Okla., and nearby communities.
Singing star Miranda Lambert's tears, though, are worth some special attention. NBC News has video showing how she struggled to get through her hit "The House That Built Me." As EW.com PopWatch blogger Annie Barrett wrote early Thursday, after seeing Lambert's performance: "Well, I'm spent."
The United Way of Oklahoma is collecting contributions:
Call 1-800-890-4999 (primary)
Text "REBUILD" to 52000
Visit UnitedWay.org/REBUILD to make an online contribution
President Obama and other federal officials have also suggested sending donations to the American Red Cross.