Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon March 19, 2012
VIDEO: Kate Speaks; Duchess Gives First Public Speech
This one's for all you royal watchers and fans of The King's Speech.
The Duchess of Cambridge, formerly Kate Middleton and perhaps someday the queen of England, gave her "first public speech" today at a children's hospice in Ipswich, the BBC reports.
She only spoke for a little more than two minutes. The Associated Press has the video. The Telegraph writes that she spoke "slowly and carefully, sticking precisely to her script, without any ad-libs."
Prince William and Kate were married last April.