Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue December 26, 2006
Verizon Call Center Hopping
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – One of the busiest times of the year is cranking up at Verizon's Wilmington call center.
The company says it expects to have up to 650 customer service agents fielding calls from customers trying to figure out their new gift.
Director of Customer Service Anthony Bowman says the holiday retail season sends new phone owners dialing for help.
How do I read my bill, what are the features on my phone, how do I text message, or do I send picture messages, how do I connect to my email, how do I get my phone synced with my Outlook address book.
Bowman says because cell phones can do more than ever, there are more options online or through the phone to skip talking with a live customer service agent.
He says the number of calls really picks up in January as people start getting their first bill.