Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue July 29, 2014
Venezuelans Celebrate Chavez With A Focus On His Handwriting
Originally published on Tue July 29, 2014 7:35 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Venezuela is honoring the 60th anniversary of the birth of its late leader, Hugo Chavez. Super dedicated Chavistas are commemorating his handwriting - mostly in caps and socialist red. The handwriting is familiar to Venezuelans. Chavez spent hours on national TV writing and drawing to explain his policies. Now it's a computer font, Chavez Pro. The economy is in shambles - so good that the font can be downloaded for free. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.