Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
Tue March 5, 2013
U.S.: Diplomats Shouldn't Drink Before Budget Meeting
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a call for a reform at the United Nations.
Joseph M. Torsella represents the United States on the U.N. budget committee. He says it's a tough budget process, complicated by diplomats who show up drunk. Ambassador Torsella made, quote, "the modest proposal that the negotiating room should be inebriation-free." He says he wants this, even though sloshed negotiators have provided the U.S. with, quote, "strategic opportunities." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.