Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon December 11, 2006
US Airways Cut Prices Out Of ILM
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – US Airways's national wave of price reductions has reached Wilmington.
Flyers heading out the ILM airport can take advantage of a permanent cut in ticket prices, effective immediately.
Chuck Allen, US Airways's Director of Corporate Affairs, says the airline's price cut in other parts of the nation have proved beneficial for both the flyer and airline.
US Airways is reducing fares from Wilmington to over 190 destinations. Some of those fares will be reduced as much as 43% for the walk-up fares and for the advanced purchase, some of them will be reduced up to 36%.
Allan says the price cut along with an increase in destinations should make the cost of flying out of Wilmington competitive to flying out of Raleigh.