Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri November 17, 2006
UNCW Student Robbed Of His Playstation 3
By Gary Popp
Wilmington, NC – Scattered violence across the county over the new Sony Playstation 3 played out in Wilmington Friday morning when a University of North Carolina, Wilmington student was robbed and assaulted on campus.
UNCW Police Captain G.E. Mathews says a group of four men took approached the student, one beat him repeatedly with a blunt object, then took two Sony Playstations 3 the student had just bought at Wal-Mart.
Evidently they had been in line since the Wednesday before right now we're still working with Wal-Mart security to find out whether they were followed from the Wal-mart back to campus.
Mathews says UNCW police and Wilmington police are investigating leads in the robbery.
This is one of several robberies across the country involving the Sony Playstation 3. In Ohio, two armed men robbed a video store before the store could even begin selling the game.