Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Fri August 17, 2012
UNCW Receives Nearly $12 Million in Contributions
Universityof North Carolina at Wilmington received nearly $12 million in contributions during the last fiscal year. WHQR’s Andrew Jarachovic reports on where the contributions came from and how the money will be used.
UNCW just completed the largest and most comprehensive fundraising effort in its history. In addition to corporate sponsors, contributions came from nearly 11,000 individual donors. Parents contributed nearly 1 million dollars and even the students kicked in, with the senior class raising over $12,000.
The contributions will be used to establish 2 new professorships, one in nursing and the other in education. The money will also support 3 fellowships, 23 scholarships, the student center, and various campus programs.
The university receives about one-third its total operating budget from the state, while the remainder comes from tuition and fees and contributions.