Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu January 26, 2012
UNCW Raises $66.4 Million, Finishes Campaign a Year Early
UNCW has ended its $65 million fundraising campaign ahead of schedule.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss reports that Chancellor Gary Miller announced Thursday that the school has reached and exceeded its goal by raising $66.4 million.
The campaign began in 2005 with Miller’s predecessor Rosemary DePaolo at the helm.
The effort was slated to wrap up at the end of this year, but Miller announced that the campaign will officially end next week.
The funds have endowed eight distinguished professorships, most with $1 million or more. Additionally, the funds have helped create nearly 240 student scholarships.
Alumni chipped in 44 percent of the campaign contributions
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.