Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu January 26, 2012
UNCW Raises $66.4 Million, Finishes Campaign a Year Early
UNCW has ended its $65 million fundraising campaign ahead of schedule.
WHQR’s Michelle Bliss reports that Chancellor Gary Miller announced Thursday that the school has reached and exceeded its goal by raising $66.4 million.
The campaign began in 2005 with Miller’s predecessor Rosemary DePaolo at the helm.
The effort was slated to wrap up at the end of this year, but Miller announced that the campaign will officially end next week.
The funds have endowed eight distinguished professorships, most with $1 million or more. Additionally, the funds have helped create nearly 240 student scholarships.
Alumni chipped in 44 percent of the campaign contributions
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.