Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri August 24, 2012
UNCW contributes nearly $1.1 billion to local economy
University of North Carolina Wilmington is announcing results of a new study on the economic impact of the University on the surrounding area.
Dr. Woody Hall, Senior Economist at UNCW, talked with WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn about why the school’s significance reaches beyond academics, cultural arts, or athletics.
Listen to the interview here.