Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri August 24, 2012
UNCW contributes nearly $1.1 billion to local economy
University of North Carolina Wilmington is announcing results of a new study on the economic impact of the University on the surrounding area.
Dr. Woody Hall, Senior Economist at UNCW, talked with WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn about why the school’s significance reaches beyond academics, cultural arts, or athletics.
Listen to the interview here.