Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Mon June 25, 2012
Ugly Mugly Crowned World's Ugliest Dog
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 1:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Here's a contest we keep up on - the World's Ugliest Dog. And chosen this past weekend in California, the appropriately named Mugly, whose mug was deemed uglier than 28 other competitors. He's a Chinese crested with that breed's crooked snout and also stringy, white whiskers. Mugly was already the U.K.'s ugliest. His prize - a year's supply of cookies and a VIP hotel stay. Missing from the prize package - grooming accessories. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.