Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Midday Interview - Jan. 24, 2012
Tue January 24, 2012
Two-time Grammy-Winning Soweto Gospel Choir Comes to Wilmington
Two members of the The Soweto Gospel Choir, winner of two Grammy Awards, stopped by WHQR studios on Tuesday. They spoke with Rachel Lewis Hilburn about singing with a mission, traveling the world, and what it's like to perform with/for internationally-renowned luminaries like U-2's Bono and Nelson Mandela.
The Soweto Gospel Choir performs at UNCW's Kenan Auditorium Tuesday, January 24th at 8 PM.
During our Classical block on Tuesdays through Fridays at 12:06, Jemila Ericson and other staff members host a celebration of the arts and culture of the Lower Cape Fear. They interview artists, actors, dancers, writers and creators of community events--all the inspiring movers and shakers who enrich our lives.