Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri November 11, 2011
Turn It Up: 11-11-11 Is Here And Folks Are Overly Excited
Originally published on Fri November 11, 2011 8:00 am
There's so much that can be said about this day's date.
The arrival of Nov. 11, 2011, or 11-11-11, brings with it:
-- "Nigel Tufnel Day." Spinal Tap fans know: 11 is "one louder."
-- All Songs Considered's 11 songs you can turn up to 11.
-- "National Metal Day," because it's "the heaviest day of the century."
-- Word that Asians who think the day's lucky are getting married.
-- Preparations in Sin City (Las Vegas) for "an onslaught of weddings."
-- A celebration of corduroy, because the date resembles that ribbed fabric.
-- Closing of the largest Giza pyramid, to prevent any ceremonies there.
-- Stories about what it means. Hint: not much, but speculation's fun.
-- Ridiculous attempts by bloggers to shape posts to fit the numbers.