Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri August 24, 2012
Turkey Feeling The Pressure Of Syrian Refugees
Originally published on Fri August 24, 2012 8:30 pm
The Obama administration has been leery of any military intervention in Syria and says the idea of a no-fly zone is on the "back burner." But Turkey says it won't be able to handle the influx of refugees much longer and safe zones inside Syria are needed. Analysts say if Turkey and the Syrian rebels push for that, the U.S., as a NATO ally, will have no choice but to provide air cover.